Welcome to the Life Hotel, centrally located in NYC’s vibrant NoMad neighborhood. Located in the original building that once housed the iconic LIFE Magazine, where celebrated writers and artists worked, resided, and played, the hotel echoes the original dual-use of this iconic property.
Our newly renovated 98 guest rooms, ranging from “Classic Queen” to “Premium King” and multi-room “Suites,” pay homage to the spirit of the building’s 1893 heritage with a modern twist: wrought iron bed frames, brass fixtures, contemporary furnishings, high ceilings, unique artwork and Carrera marble countertop bathroom vanities with full bath and 7-inch rain showerheads.
We offer amenities and services like all-natural, socially conscious LATHER bath products, access to a 24/7 fitness facility outfitted with Peloton stationary bikes, almost all rooms are outfitted with a 60-inch flat-screen TV equipped with streaming functionality EVOLVE by Google ChromeCast and a pet-friendly policy.
Opening in late Spring 2017, full service Life Restaurant, by Chef Michael Vignola and veteran restaurateur Stephen Hanson, will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in addition to a full bar in the lobby and an intimate, basement bar serving classic cocktails harkening back to the days LIFE magazine staffers used this space as their own speakeasy. The space can also be utilized as a private dining or meeting space for up to 60 people.
- Bath amenities by LATHER; all natural, socially conscious (you deserve to be pampered)
- Pillow top Black Napa® Simmons mattress
- 300-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets
- Nightly turndown service*
- Complimentary high-speed commercial grade Wi-Fi (‘gram, snap, tweet repeat)
- Complimentary local, 800 and 888 calls (stay in touch)
- Almost all of our guestrooms offer 60-inch HD TVs all with EVOLVE by Google ChromeCast (stream all your favorite programs directly from your phone!)
- Wooden writing desk with a combination desktop lamp iPhone charger
- Complimentary digital newspaper access
- Your morning cup of joe or tea is on us!
- In-room laptop-sized safe (just in case)
- In-room complete climate control
- And of course, we have all your comforts of home covered: robe, slippers, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker*, fridge*, extra blanket and pillows
- Full-service Life Restaurant by Chef Michael Vignola, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lobby and basement speakeasy cocktail bar with handcrafted cocktails
- Access to our Rooftop Chef’s Garden (seasonally)
- Forgot something? Need dinner reservations? Don’t sweat it. Reach out to your Life Hotel team via dedicated text line 24/7
- 24/7 fitness center with Peloton bikes – no excuses!
- Complimentary filtered water and ice stations
- Pet friendly too!